Friday, September 17, 2021
Advertisements
HomeNational NewsEmbassy to continue flights out of Lebanon; 31 Filipinos injured, four dead

Embassy to continue flights out of Lebanon; 31 Filipinos injured, four dead

Advertisements

BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines – The Philippine Embassy in Lebanon assured that it will continue to schedule future repatriation flights to the Philippines from the country.

The embassy called on those documented and who wish to join the flight leaving on 16 August, 2020 to call the ATN hotline.

Those not accommodated will be done so on succeeding flights.

Embassy
Embassy advisory on repatriation flights. | Image from Philippine Embassy in Lebanon
Advertisements

The DFA had earlier announced that that the number of Filipinos injured following the blasts in Beirut is now at 31, with four deaths, and 11 missing.

“We are saddened by the latest turn of developments. The higher figure comes as our Embassy personnel work to ascertain the condition of the Filipinos in its jurisdiction,“ stated Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Sarah Lou Y. Arriola said in an official statement.

“Two Filipinos remain in critical condition. They are confined and are being monitored at Rizk Hospital,” said Philippine Embassy Beirut Charge d’affaires Ajeet Panemanglor.

“Our Embassy officials shall continue to ascertain the condition of our community in Beirut. The DFA reaffirms its commitment to bring the much needed support and assistance to our kababayans specially at this hour of need,” Arriola added.

Advertisements
manangH
Hannah A. Papasinhttp://facebook.com/hannah.mariveles
Writer. Critic. Professor. She started writing since primary school and now has two published textbooks on communication. A film buff, she's a Communication, Media Literacy and Journalism Professor of the University of St. La Salle-Bacolod, and has a Master's Degree in English.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Advertisements

TRENDING