BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines – Camp Montelibano said there is no criminal organization behind two abduction cases and an abduction try in the province.
Provincial police spokesman, Lt. Judesses Catalogo, told reporters today, 2 August 2022, in a virtual news conference that the Manapla abduction try is not related to two abduction cases, one in Silay City, the other in Kabankalan.
But as Catalogo said this, Corporal Jade Ortiz who is probing the abduction try in Manapla town, admitted that police have yet determine the motive behind the incident involving William Chua Jr.
Ortiz told DNX in a separate interview that several townsfolk have testified seeing the incident at the town plaza early in the evening of 31 July 2022.
He added some witnesses even told him they thought a scuffle was taking place between Chua and five persons wearing bonnets who tried to shove him inside a car.
The Manapla probe will focus on the possible motives behind the attempt and the failed abductors.
The reported abduction in Kabankalan City involved three men who were allegedly snatched outside a convenience store while having a drinking session 31 July 2022.
Police identified the victims as Joeramie Flores, 43, and two others known only by their aliases a“Josep,” 45, and “Alog” who were forced inside a van by six abductors who later freed them in the neighboring town of Ilog.
THE search for the missing former drug convict ended when his naked body was dug from a shallow grave at the far-flung area of Purok Katilingban in Barangay Vista Alegre in Bacolod City yesterday, July 31.
The Silay abduction, meanwhile, involved Alex Soberano, 51, who was reportedly abducted from the Bacolod-Silay Airport last week and was eventually found dead in a shallow grave in Vista Alegre village here.