BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines – Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia has ordered the implementation of guidelines for hospital-supervised home isolation for asymptomatic, mild, or moderate CoViD-19 cases in the city.
The directive came through Executive Order No. 28 series of 2021, or An order establishing the guidelines for hospital-supervised home isolation for asymptomatic, mild or moderate covid-19 cases in the city.
The mayor’s E.O. came days after Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital declared that it has used up its dedicated CoVid-19 beds.
The following are the guidelines:
- Only medical institutions may apply for accreditation through the Emergency Operations Center Task Force, presenting guidelines and procedures, costs and other necessary details for home-based patient care, including provisions for adequate medical personnel to attend to daily patient monitoring, diagnostic procedures, medication, daily visits or web-based consultation.
- Each accredited institution are required to have immediate bed availability for home-based patient care in case of disease progression, including patient transport.
- Each patient admitted under the hospital-supervised home isolation shall be managed by or assigned a physician who shall monitor patient condition, assess, evaluate and/or discharge patient as appropriate.
- Hospitals shall create provisions for the management of infectious waste of patients.
- Hospital-patient relationship shall apply in any detail arising after patient-admission in the program.
- Coordination for approval of dwelling for admission/inclusion in the hospital-supervised home isolation program shall be made with the Barangay Council exercising jurisdiction over the patient’s address, and the DRRMO, who shall endorse approval to the EOC-TF.
- The barangays shall be responsible for “sealing” of area admitted for hospital-supervised home isolation.
- Home isolation shall only be allowed if a patient is enrolled or admitted in the hospital-supervised home isolation program.
- If the patient’s residence does not meet the conditions for home isolation, such services may be availed of in accredited hotels/pensions/inns.
- Costs relative to admission into the hospital-supervised home isolation shall be at patient’s own expense.