NIATF: Bacolod to remain under MGCQ

0
216

BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines – The Manila-based national inter-agency task force has approved the appeal filed by the city government here for this urban center of more than half a million people to remain under a modified state of general community quarantine.

Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran. | DNX file photo.
Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran. | DNX file photo.

“The mayor appealed and it was approved,” Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran told DNX after the NIATF responded only yesterday that the city will remain under MGCQ.

Familiaran, who heads the local task force on emerging and infectuous diseases, said the city governmemt had received information last week that the NIATF had recommended that this city be placed under a GCQ.

Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran on MGCQ Retention

Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran on MGCQ Retention

Posted by DNX News on Tuesday, 14 July 2020

Leonardia immediately met with local health authorities to discuss the sending of an appeal.

Familiaran pointed out that among the grounds Lenardia included in his appeal was that 80 percent of the 64 confirmed COVID cases since 2020 February are returning residents, more known as locally-stranded individuals or LSIs, and overseas workers.

The vice mayor also said an upscale to a GCQ would have effects on local business.

The GCQ return would mean restrictions on gatherings, imcluding those for spiritual purposes, he added.

Leave a Reply