BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines – The second confirmed COVID19 patient in the province might affect the downgrading of the quarantine level in Negros Occidental.
Lawyer Rayfrando Diaz, provincial administrator, told DNX that this would largely depend, however, on the result of the contact tracing that will be “aggressively” conducted tomorrow in the central Negros town of La Castellana.
Diaz said the contact tracing team that will be deployed to the town tomorrow will have 50 rapid test kits and the same number of swab kits.
The street where the patient lives had already been placed on lockdown Diaz said, quoting town Mayor Rhumyla Mangilimutan.
Diaz said Capitol knew the result of the confirmatory test past six tonight, on the first day the downgraded quarantine level – from enhanced to general – swung into effect.
Patient 2 is a family driver in Pavia town, Iloilo province who came home 13 March and underwent home quarantine.
It was only on April 5 that he had fever and loose bowel movement.
Three days later, his employer told him that he (employer) and his wife, tested positive.
It was only on 11 April that Patient 2 reported about his symptoms to the town.
Diaz added the swab tests on Patient 2, his wife, and child were conducted 12 April and the samples were sent for testing the next day.
It was only tonight that the results were known.
“If you look at the bright side, the wife and child tested negative,” Diaz said.
Ahay ah kasubo.. Imbis daw ka safe na tani…
[…] “This should be our mentality especially [after we have another confirmed case] from La Castellana,” the congressman said. (READ: Province’s Patient 2 might affect modified ECQ) […]
[…] Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz told DNX Patient 2 is a family driver in Pavia town, Iloilo province who came home 13 March and underwent home quarantine. (READ: Province’s Patient 2 might affect modified ECQ) […]