Home Weather NegOcc, Bacolod "out of danger" from Ursula now, no incidents reported

NegOcc, Bacolod “out of danger” from Ursula now, no incidents reported

BACOLOD CITY, Philippines – No storm-related incidents in the province were reported over the last 48 hours since Ursula entered Philippine territory.

RESUMED. All ferry trips from Bacolod-to-Iloilo and Dumangas and return trips. - Joemarie Vargas
RESUMED. All ferry trips from Bacolod-to-Iloilo and Dumangas and return trips. – Joemarie Vargas

The government, however, here has to tend to the needs of more than 200 passengers awaiting their ship to the Philippine capital after the Coast Guard suspended commercial trips after storm signals were hoisted over various areas in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

“We are thankful, however, for no one was reported killed, hurt or missing in the province,” provincial disaster chief Zeaphard Caelian told DNX minutes after PAGASA lifted all storm signals over Negros Occidental.

In the city, disaster czar Joemarie Vargas said they received no reports of storm-related incidents.

The flash floods Vargas had earlier warned against also did not happen as rains did not become heavy in the towns of Murcia and Don Salvador Benedicto that would influence floods here when riverwaters swell.

Caelian, meanwhile, said only Cadiz City reported strong winds as Ursula barreled across the Visayas.

“We can sleep well now knowing the worst is over,” he added.

“Until the next storm, Merry Christmas,” Vargas said.

Julius D. Mariveles
Julius D. Mariveles
An amateur cook who has a mean version of humba, the author has recently tried to make mole negra, the Mexican sauce he learned by watching shows of master chef Rick Bayless. A journalist since 19, he has worked in the newsrooms of radio, local papers, and Manila-based news organizations. A stroke survivor, he now serves as executive editor of DNX.

Leave a Reply

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Bing asks IATF again: downgrade Q status to MGCQ

BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines - Mayor Evelio Leonardia has requested the National Inter-Agency Task Force (NIATF) to downgrade the quarantine status of the city to modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) by the month of December.

MassKara Coliseum to push through

BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occidental, Philippines - The construction of the P800 million Bacolod Masskara Coliseum and Museum will push through despite delays caused by the pandemic, said Mayor Evelio Leonardia.

Seven-hour outage in areas in Bago tomorrow

Central Negros Electric Cooperative, Inc. informs its consumers that maintenance activities will be conducted tomorrow 28 November Saturday.

Battle of former World Champions who will prevail; Iron Mike or Captain Hook?

Former undisputed heavyweight world champion, Mike Tyson and former four-division world champion, Roy Jones Jr. will square off in an exhibition bout this weekend 28 November 2020 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.