Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Advertisements
HomeCOVID-19DPWH to turn over 32 additional COVID isolation rooms to Bacolod

DPWH to turn over 32 additional COVID isolation rooms to Bacolod

Advertisements

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH-6) Regional Office will turn over to the Bacolod City government tomorrow 12 March 2021 the 32 additional isolation rooms it built in Barangay Alijis for COVID-19 patients.

Leading the ceremonial turnover are Mayor Evelio Leonardia, Bacolod Rep. Greg Gasataya, and DPWH-6 regional director Engr. Lea Delfinado.

This now completes the 64-room facility that the DPWH constructed for Bacolod City. The facility, costing P50 million, is located in what used to be the plant nursery of the City Agriculture Office in Barangay Alijis.

Advertisements

Leonardia had lobbied for the 64 isolation rooms last year with DPWH Secretary Mark Villar. It was favorably endorsed by DPWH Undersecretary Emil Sadain and DPWH regional director Engr. Lea Delfinado.

Leonardia said, “We are deeply grateful to Secretary Villar, USec. Sadain, and RD Delfinado. This additional facility will further strengthen our position in this continuing fight against COVID-19. This is coordination and teamwork among government agencies and officials at its best.”

The first 32 isolation rooms, costing P25 million, were constructed from August 14 to October 15, 2020 and were turned over to the City on October 30, 2020. Secretary Vivencio “Vince” Dizon, deputy chief implementer of the National Task Force Against COVID-19, who is also Malacañang’s “chief testing czar,” led the inauguration.

The 32 additional isolation rooms, also costing P25 million, were constructed from December 29, 2020 to March 12, 2021.

The whole project has 4 container-type isolation sets. Each set comes with 16 rooms furnished with individual air conditioners and comfort rooms, a nurse’s station, a utility room, separate medical staff quarters with comfort rooms for male and female, sanitation area, water tanks, and standby generator.

Advertisements

“Even if we may have flattened the curve of infections in the past months, there is no telling when a surge of new cases may come again. So, these facilities have to be ready, and we are thankful that the national government, through the DPWH, has provided us these facilities,” Leonardia added.

Meanwhile, Leonardia said he has also written Secretary Villar asking for another 32 quarantine/isolation rooms with similar configurations to be constructed at the same location in Brgy. Alijis because there is still space available for it there.

He said he has personally reiterated his request to Usec. Sadain recently, and was assured of another 32-room facility.*/CITY PIO

Advertisements
DNX News Desk
DNX News Desk
Pioneer digital-first news and information source based in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental province. We are committed to providing high-quality journalism to our audience.

Leave a Reply

Latest News

Advertisements

TRENDING