City life can be tiresome.
Seeing the same cars and smelling the same smoke that they emit can make us sick not only physically but mentally.
Working five days a week and staring at the same computer screen, seeing the same office again and again can really take its toll on any ordinary worker.
Everybody, thus, needs a break from the sound of the traffic, the radiation from the computer screen, and the pungent smell of trash from the city.
With escape, however, comes the question of moolah, especially with the rising cost of practically everything these days.
But hey, don’t despair because we at DNX took the time to scout locations that would make you unwind but at
So draw those purse strings, and check out the five getaways in the Metro Bacolod that you can enjoy on a shoestring budget.
Bantug Lake Ranch
- Overnight Stay: P3,000-P5,000
- Estimated Cost Day tour: P500 per person
- Attractions: Horseback Riding, Boating, beautiful views
- Amenities: Rooms, Swimming Pool, Picnic Sheds, Canopies, Restaurant
- Pros: Spacious grounds. A lot of choices for leisure.
Onlyresort in the list that offers horseback riding and boating
- Cons: Place can get very hot. Boating area is dusty. Some horses look frail.
- Public transportation: Jeepney ride (via Alangilan-Burgos). Travel time: 25-30 mins.
- Private vehicle: 15-20 mins.
Sta. Fe Resort
- Amenities: Rooms, Function Halls, Conference Rooms, Restaurant, Cottages
- Attractions: Food, Zoo, Swimming pools (one Olympic-sized, and one kiddie pool)
- Estimated Cost: Day Tour: P400-P600
- Overnight Stay: P1,400-P3,000
- Pros: Great for swimming trips, flexible accommodation options, affordable meals
- Cons: Mini-zoo needs a repaint and better maintenance
- Public Transportation: Jeepney ride (via Sta. Fe – Central Market route). Travel time: 15-20 mins
- Private Transportation: 15 mins
- Amenities: Cottages, Restaurant, KTV rooms
- Attractions: Swimming pool, flexible buffet choices, Kayaking
- Estimated Cost: Day Tour: P500-P800
- Overnight: N/A Pros: Assorted buffet food choices, wide space, lots of activities
- Cons: No overnight stay (for now), Individual food selections are
pricey, most expensive beach in the area.
- Public Transportation: Jeepney via Pta. Taytay – Central Market. Travel time: 30-35 mins
- Private Transportation: 20-30 mins
Palmas del Mar
- Amenities: Rooms, outdoor event area, garden, mini bar, cottages, Green House, Swimming pool
- Attractions: Has a rich garden. Guests can go fishing. Huts by the seaside
- Estimated Cost Day Tour: P350-P550
- Overnight Stay: P2,000 to P5,500
- Pros: Affordable huts, classy place
- Cons: Corkage on alcohol and
lechon, few activities to do
- Public Transportation: Jeepney via Singcang-Airport-Central Market 15 – 25 mins.
- Private Transportation: 12-15 mins
- Amenities: Restaurant, hotel, park, swimming pools, Function Rooms
- Attractions: 24-hour Front Desk, kid-friendly park Area, function rooms for social and corporate events
- Estimated Cost Day Tour: P400-P600
- Overnight Stay: P2,000-P4,000
- Pros: Inexpensive entrance and swimming rates, hotel Standard rooms, great for family day trips
- Cons: Staff could be more friendly, minimal activities to do
- Public Transportation: Two jeepney rides (Bata jeepney to North Terminal, and Talisay Jeepney) Travel time: 20-25 mins
- Private transportation: 12-20 mins
Note: All starting points for travel is at the Plaza/Downtown Area. Travel time depends on traffic conditions and could vary.